I am starting this blog following a long spell of illness and now having left full-time work with the support of my wonderful wife, I am beginning a new phase.
I have been a science teacher for over 25 years and always had an interest in learning new skills and facts. I teach students in their own home and devote more time to learning the skills that may develop my mastery of a range of instruments. Flute and piano for 35 years, clarinet and saxophone for 5 years and now the wonderful ukulele.
This blog will let me share my musings on these and anything else that perks my interest.
You always sound positive Ben. Good luck with this new phase of your life. I'm sure your interest will be frequently perked when you don't have the pressure of working to bells!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes
Bob
Does this make me your first blogette?
ReplyDeleteYes, you are my first blogette. I wasn't even sure I had created it correctly. I see from your facebook that you have been travelling far and wide. Good for you. I have had a terrible 6 months and so took an offer to leave and move forward. I began the ukulele as a form of therapy and have found it to be such a great happy instrument that it has lifted my spirits. Marilyn has been fantastic and I am a very lucky man. Keep in touch.
DeleteBen