Wednesday, 3 April 2013

New day, new song

I am about to begin learning how to play Mr Sandman. First day is always a tough one. New chords and rythmns, new fingerings and confusion. Still, to be able to improve at anything the answer is slow practice that is consistent and with perseverance. I am also tutoring a student today for the Higher GCSE Biology. I hope he has been persevering since the last lesson.

Soon begin my own online standardisation to examine the Higher Physics exam in May.

Just qualified with a PG.Dip with Marilyn and looking forward to the graduation ceremony in July.

Next stop for own personal learning journey is to complete the MA and hopefully move to a D.Ed, but that is for the future.

Much to to look forward to but still nervous about the change form a relatively secure monthly salary. Only time will tell and you never know what doors may open.

Later today will begin reorganising my 1500 bottle wine collection.

I am trying to be positive and looking forward.

Just had to get all off chest to day to formulate a plan of action.

All the dogs are also fed and sleeping. Peace and quiet to work on ukulele.

Thanks for reading.

Ben

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ben
    Looks like I'm your 2nd blogette too! I'm sitting here drinking a nice glass of JP Chenet's Cabernet Syrah and doing the mental arithmetic I think it's time you started drinkinking your wine collection. A bottle a day would take 4 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Obviously been drinkinking one glass too many!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the wine with some serious bottle age. Marilyn has discovered the delights of mellowed red and wine. Had a gorgeous Franken Trockenbeerenauslese 2000 on Sunday. Fabulous.
      By the way Bob, how is the sax playing going?

      Delete